mercredi 17 décembre 2014

Grotzo featured artist on AUDIOTOOL

In the person of Alain Groetzinger we have a real piece of music history in our midst. In the 70ies, as the drummer of the french Art-Rock band "Rockets" he sold millions of records. Today he inspires us with his banging Electro-Pop anthems full of soul and humanistic ideals. This week his autobiographical book "The Dream of Metal" is going to be released. One more reason for us to take a closer look at him. So should you too.

Name:

Alain Groetzinger

Place:

"I lived in Paris until 2013 and now I am in Britanny, in a small village."

Age:

59

Profession:

"Since 2007 I've been working for an animal welfare organization. I take care of everything related to advertising, newspapers, the Internet, all written and visual communication aspects."

Style:

"Hmm ... I'm not sure I've got one. Overall, I like to switch between styles like Rock, House, Electro-Space and Downtempo. But I also like Athmosphere. It is wide but I love this diversification.  But also, I almost always try to say something fundamentally human with voices which themselves are not at all human. It's sort of my gimmick."

Started making music:

"I started playing the drums when I was 10 years old. The drum became my great friend throughout my adolescence. It was like a sort of permanent dream. Then I had the good luck to meet the band members of  "Rockets" and I became their drummer. Yet another step in the dream. I was 19 years old. But in addition, the group bacame  the number one foreign group in Italy. We sold more than a million and a half records. The dream became "The Dream of Metal." This name comes from the fact that we all had a metallic appearance, and all our instruments were metal. "The Dream of Metal" is also the name of the book that I have written, in which I tell the hole story. I hope they will do an english version too.
Then I went through a long period of immersion in Experimental music, noisy minimalistic, Electro. I called it "music to fall asleep".  It was a real soul searching. I could spend hours listening to the sound of a drop of water or the noise of the wind. My delight was to play other sounds, one after another, without hearing the transition. Each sequence could take several minutes. But it was an amazing experience. If you try this exercise with the song of a bird and a hammer  for example ..."

On Audiotool:

"In 2011, after this great meditative period, I felt a great need to think of music from a different point of view: that of SHARING. Radically opposite to what I have lived for for 10 years. So in looking for a new opening, so a new adventure, I arrived on Audiotool. When I discovered all the possibilities of expression and sharing that this site provided, it was like a new artistic birth.  For me, despite what I knew, it was just magical, revolutionary. It is still my view today."

Audiotool inspirations:

http://www.audiotool.com/album/DgJ432VK7#

Message:

"My first message is to express my appreciation for all Audiotool musicians whatsoever whether they are famous or not. Among these artists ther are many references for me. Basically, what I often see is exactly what we do not hear: it is a kind of vibration that the musician allows to flow into his music without even realizing it. That's what I love. That's the magic of music. That's why I like certain artists, even if they do not have the professionality of some others. This, to me, is not of great importance.
My second message is to reaffirm the essential role of Audiotool for us all. But also the mind, the feeling, the openness  and all the hard work of the team to ensure that Audiotool is such a possibility of expression . This, I think every time I open the application to find new music …"

Artist page:

http://www.audiotool.com/user/grotzo/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire